We will soon begin construction on a new 7000 sq. ft. main event space with 30 ft. ceilings, wood beams, and massive chandeliers. The new space will hold up to 150 guests and will be fully equipped with a kitchen, bar area and modern A/V equipment for that special presentation. The space will be appropriate for large events such as weddings and receptions, corporate functions or other grand events. Currently, we are booking weddings for 2020 and beyond for up to 150 guests.
Click on image to enlarge
THE FARMHOUSE HISTORY
The Farmhouse was originally owned by Henry Weinhold and Susan Grill, who married on October 17th, 1882. They raised 9 children who all called The Farmhouse home.
Howard Weinhold and his wife Isabelle raised their 7 children on the property, enjoying their happy home from 1952 until the property was sold in 2013. Originally, the property encompassed thousands of farm acres in Plainfield, but over the years most of the acreage was sold to housing developments. 10 acres remain, which is where the original limestone farmhouse and German-style barn still stand, as well as a number of outbuildings.
The limestone German design barn is one of the few remaining stone barns still standing in Illinois.